Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Class 2008/01/09: The return!

I'm back to the class after the illness over the holidays. I had some kind of flu (not even a cold), and an opportunistic bacterial infection on top of it. It ended with Mr. Young calling me to remind not to slack too much.

Class was pretty physical, although I've only done 2 sets of 10 push-ups each. After the good warm-up, we've spent the class kicking and working on throwing when grabbed and pushed.

I talked to Mr. Albrecht about my horrible headaches. He suggested that it was dehydration after all, and that my efforts to stay hydrated did not go far enough. I aimed 2L per day. He said I need to drink enough "to go to the toilet every 20 minutes". I armed myself with 4 500ml bottles for the evening. It seems that my body's first reaction is to let all the water to go right through the intestines. Dear thick intestines, please intake the water, I need it -- Love, the head. We'll see how this goes in three hours or so. Usually I'm [nearly] dead by 2 a.m.

No comments: